You are welcome to contact usMore
Interview with LSW Partner – Artur Zawadowski
The development perspectives of LSW and a new restructuring and financing practice, his observations on the legal market, as well as plans for 2019 – about all this we talk with a recently nominated LSW Partner, Artur Zawadowski.More
IP Blog for creative industry
Everything you wish to know about intellectual property law. Read the latest IP news!More
Where to find us
Welcome to our new officeMore
For 20 years we have been engaged in non-profit social activities. We advise and participate in numerous court proceedings concerning cases important for public and social life in Poland.
- LSW helped to finalise the transaction of recovering the painting stolen by the Nazis during World War II. The piece of art was transferred to its rightful owners. The transaction included, among others, issues related to international law and the organisation of specialised transportation of works of art. LSW advised pro bono on this matter.
- We support and represent the Polish Ombudsman in a dispute concerning a lawsuit filed by the Polish Television against Adam Bodnar (as a natural person, not the official). More on the subject: >>>>
- We represented the Foundation Institute of Reportage (Fundacja Instytut Reportażu) in the high-profile media dispute over the consumer boycott of Ciechan brewery.
- We support the Habitat for Humanity Foundation, whose aim is to fight housing poverty and homelessness.
- For many years we have been helping the Association of Friends of the National Museum. The main objective of the Association is to carry out projects promoting the National Museum and its collections. Moreover, the Association supports the activities of the Museum in other aspects, organising numerous cultural and educational events. One of the largest projects of the Association is a cyclical charity ball called "Thirsty for Beauty". The income from the ball is allocated entirely to the Museum's programme activities. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with Museum’s activities at the following webpage: https://przyjacielemnw.pl/
- We also represent the National Museum in Warsaw in a dispute with the heirs of the Królikarnia Palace in Warsaw.
- The dispute over the World War II Museum: the creators of the original Museum exhibition - Paweł Machcewicz, Piotr Majewski, Rafał Wnuk and Janusz Marszalec - are represented by Katarzyna Lejman and Maciej Ślusarek. More on this subject:
- Copyright between history and politics - more information >>>>
- World War II Museum - dispute continues - more information >>>>
- Maciej Ślusarek defends the authors of the exhibition of the Museum of the Second World War - more information >>>>
- Within the framework of cooperation with the Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights:
- We acted as plenipotentiaries of public persons in matters concerning protection of personal rights which were an important voice in the discussion on the quality of public debate in our country. The case of a historian from the Institute of National Remembrance (Instytut Pamięci Narodowej), who wrote a critical review of KUL (Catholic Lublin University) professor’s historical book which was conducted by LSW on a pro bono basis was included in the Programme of Precedential Affairs of the Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights.
- We advise and represent a citizen of Chechnya in a civil lawsuit, on behalf of which we pursue claims for personal rights violations. The case is covered by the Precedential Affairs Program of the Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights.
- We represent a journalist in connection with the use of her image in electoral material. More information >>>>
- We supported a well-known journalist who had fallen victim to the illegal activities of the secret services.
- We took part in a precedent case concerning the openness of public materials in such a sensitive area as the manufacture and distribution of medicines.
- We were involved in a precedent case against one of the Polish newspapers concerning the disclosure of the identity of a well-known blogger writing on political cases.
- We represented a Pole from Belarus unjustifiably deprived of the Card of a Pole by the Polish administration and the parents of a few years old girl who died after being hit by a car while crossing the road.
Among the organisations cooperating with LSW are, among others: